- Ski in Pakistan as you blaze untouched lines among the peaks Gilgit Baltistan.
- Travel with the Untraversed team via 4×4 jeep into a remote valley tucked away in the heart of the Karakorams near the China-Pakistan border.
- Experience the only operational lift in Pakistan, originally created as part of the training facilities of the Pakistani Navy.
- Attempt to arrange Heli-Skiing facilitated by the Pakistan Army. No promises on making it happen, but be sure to bring your GoPro for selfies with our awesome friends from the army in case we manage to pull it off!
Is this itinerary for me?
- This is the initial exploration of a new itinerary and anything could happen. Come prepared for the adventure of a lifetime. Full stop.
- Participation in this trip requires previous backcountry ski touring or split-boarding experience. You should be comfortable skiing difficult terrain without assistance.
- Lodging in the Karakorams of Northern Pakistan is not winterized, so stays will include lodges and hotels without running water, with hot water provided in buckets for bathing.
- Avalanche Safety Classes Level 1 or equivalent avalanche safety experience is recommended for this trip.
- This will be a physically demanding trip, involving skinning up slopes at significant elevations.
Day 1 Islamabad
- Arrive in Islamabad for a team meeting in the hotel at 3:00 pm.
Day 2 Gilgit
- Fly from Islamabad to Gilgit weather conditions permitting.
Please note: Winter weather in the Karakorams changes rapidly, and flights between Islamabad and the mountains are often delayed or canceled due to weather conditions. If our team is not able to fly on day 2, we will take private transportation by land from Islamabad.
Day 3 Naltar
- Travel to Naltar to ski with the Pakistani navy and locals at what will be possibly the only operational ski lift in Pakistan this winter.
Day 4 Hunza Valley
- Visit the ancient mountain kingdom in the Hunza valley in a time of year that sees few travelers, exploring historic forts and staying in the iconic Old Hunza Inn, a staple of northern Pakistan since the days of the legendary “Hippie Trail” following the Silk Route.
Day 5 Shimshal
- Travel with our local ski guide to his home village in the Shimshal Valley, staying in a primitive lodge. Experience local village life in this barren yet stunningly beautiful valley. Take on the Karakorams with backcountry skiing on the slopes surrounding Shimshal co-led by our international ski guide and Pakistani host.
Day 6 Gilgit
- Return via the Hunza valley to Gilit and fly back to Islamabad weather permitting.
Day 7 Islamabad
- Travel by land to Islamabad if needed due to a flight cancelation on the previous day, or explore the capital city of Islamabad and finish the evening with a farewell dinner overlooking the city at Monal.
Day 8 Islamabad
- There are no activities planned for the last day of this expedition, and you are free to book your flight to depart at any time after 12:00 noon on day eight. Please do not book any flights before 12:00 noon to ensure adequate time for land travel conigencies in the event of domestic flight cancelations due to weather conditions.