- Our Golden Triangle tour package from Delhi is the best way to get the most out of a short adventure through the highlights of this amazing land.
- Visit the sumptuous Taj Mahal while discovering the love story behind this iconic display of Mughal and Indian architecture.
- Spend a night in a restored heritage property in rural Rajasthan as you slow down to explore the narrow market streets and vibrant temples of small town India.
- Wander through the pink sandstone streets of Jaipur as you trace the ancient fortifications which once guarded the Rajasthani emperors who ruled the region.
- Take on the bustling streets of the capital as you explore the old walled city. Visit the oldest mosque in Delhi as you navigate winding narrow streets lined with vibrant local markets.
Is this trip for me?
- During summer the weather in Rajasthan can become incredibly warm. Make sure to pack lightweight long sleeved clothing for sun protection and drink plenty of water.
- This Golden Triangle tour package from Delhi is the shortest itinerary that we offer in India covering the highlights of the north. For a longer journey through this amazing land check out our other northern India itineraries.
Golden Triangle Tour Package Itinerary
Day 1 New Delhi
- Namaste! Start your journey on the Golden Triangle tour from Delhi, the busting heart of Northern India. There will be a welcome meeting at the hotel at 5 p.m. followed by dinner as a team in one of our favorite spots in the capital. If you plan to arrive early, reach out to the Untraversed team for suggestions on best spots to visit in the vibrant and colorful streets of Delhi.
Day 2 Delhi
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast on the second day of your Golden Triangle tour, as you soak in the sights and sounds of South Asia, before departing from Delhi by private transportation for the fabled city of Agra. Pay a visit to the towering red sandstone Agra fort, built for the emperor Akbar in the 1500’s. Settle into your hotel in Agra, exploring the vibrant streets in the shadow of the Taj Mahal.
Day 3 Agra
- Start the morning by venturing through the archways of the white marble Taj Mahal built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan for his wife. Explore the towering minarets and marvel at its architectural feats. Departing from Agra, leave the crowds behind as you head off the beaten path to Karauli, experiencing authentic Indian life in rural Rajasthan. Explore city streets lined with ancient temples, and wander through local bazaars filled with vendors offering color displays containing every sort of ware imaginable.
Day 4 Karauli
- After spending the night in a restored heritage property in Karauli, travel across Rajasthan towards Jaipur, known as the “pink city” due to its vibrantly colored buildings. Rajasthan, the largest state in India, encompasses the mighty Thar Desert. It is home to a unique and intriguing culture dotted with legendary tales of ancient desert kingdoms and rulers. Many travelers claim Jaipur as their favorite spot in northern India, attributed to its stunning architecture and enchanting desert lifestyle.
Day 5 Jaipur
- Start out towards the Amber Fort just north of the city. Listen to the stories of the once great kingdoms which ruled over this strikingly barren yet scenic land as you stand in the white marble halls of its palace. The day culminates with a visit to the “Palace of Winds,” built with vibrant pink stone and representing one of the finest examples of Rajput architecture.
Day 6 Jaipur
- Start the morning with an optional hot air balloon ride, looking down over the ancient forts, with seemingly endless plains stretching towards the great Thar Desert to the west. Spend the balance of the day exploring the eclectic bazaars boasting Rajasthani handicrafts. Watch out for the dizzying array of bicycles, trucks, rickshaws, and even the occasional camel cart!
Day 7 Delhi
- Begin the morning with a visit to Old Delhi, riding the city’s metro system on the way to catch a rickshaw into the heart of the city. Boasting iconic architecture from its days as the capital of the Mughal Empire, this once walled section of Delhi still retains many of the gates which formerly guarded its inhabitants. Explore the Jamma Masjid, India’s oldest and largest mosque, along with the Mughal era red sandstone Lal Kila. Lastly visit a historic Sikh temple, known as a Gurdwara, to learn about the little known Sikh religion.
Day 8 Delhi
- There are no activities planned for the final day of your Golden Triangle tour package, and you are free to book your flight from Delhi for any time. Reach out to the Untraversed team in advance if you wish to book extra days in order to extend your adventure in India.